It’s been a while since I wrote a review, so this time round I’m going to be doing a CB Passive Income review. And CB Passive Income 5.0 is the newest version of a system for making some smart passive income online.
What Is Passive Income?
Essentially, it’s income you don’t have to work for. It just comes in on autopilot. That’s the dream, right?
Now let’s get real. You don’t get something for nothing. There’s no such thing as a free lunch. You’ll always end up trading something for a freebie whether that’s your email address, time, money or effort.
But passive income streams work on the premise that you do the work once and reap the rewards multiple times. It’s what some people call “working smart”.
What Is CB Passive Income 5.0?
Ok, I need to digress a bit here. The site you’re on is all about list building and email marketing. Despite it being an old technology, email is still where it’s at where earning an income online is concerned.
Every internet marketer worth their salt will be building an email list. It allows them to contact their subscribers directly and to turn subscribers into repeat customers. It also allows you, as a marketer, to build a relationship with your subscribers. They get to know you and you build trust with them. They become warm traffic and are more likely to buy from you.
With the blogging internet marketing model, you get sales from drive-by traffic. Apart from a small number of returning visitors, most of your site traffic will be fresh and cold. They don’t know you, have no relationship with you and have no reason to trust you or your recommendations.
CB Passive Income marries two major trends
- the first is the long-standing, profitable and successful model that is list building and email marketing
- the second has been around for several years but hasn’t been used much by affiliate marketers – and that’s sales funnels
Now, that’s how you make smart passive income. If you’ve ever bought anything in the internet marketing niche you’ll have been subjected to a sales funnel. You buy a low-priced, front-end product and are then shown a succession of increasingly higher-priced upsells.
McDonalds use this same model. Haven’t you noticed that if you order a burger you’re offered an upsell of fries. Or if you order a Coke, you’re asked if you want to supersize it?
The fact is, sales funnels work. And you know they do if large franchises like McDonalds use them.
What CB Passive Income does is provide you with a number of free products you can give away.
Each of those products has a squeeze page where a prospect needs to fill in their email address to get the freebie.
Those prospects are then added to your sales funnels and email list and they get their free product.
Then the system really kicks into action. It sends out a sequence of emails to your subscribers over time, promoting a variety of products from the Clickbank marketplace.
Your affiliate link is embedded in each of those emails so you earn the commissions if a subscriber buys through your link.
Each of these offers goes to make up several passive income streams for you. Some products will be one-time purchases. Others will be for membership sites that pay you commissions every month.
If it sounds simple, the concept certainly is, but the execution, if you were to build a system like this yourself, would take quite a bit of time along with development costs.
Everything you need is included in CB Passive Income 5.0.
- You won’t ever have to create a squeeze page (or buy the software to create them)
- You won’t have to subscribe to an autoresponder service to manage your email series and subscribers
- You won’t have to create products to give away for free
- You won’t have to sit down, research what products you want to promote, write all the emails to promote them and then load them up into an autoresponder.
All of that is taken care of for you.
You get your unique links for the squeeze pages the system creates for you and you drive traffic to them.
That’s not to say that driving targeted traffic is easy. You’re probably going to have to pay for it unless you’re a wizard at driving free traffic to offers.
But you only pay for your leads once. And they can become repeat customers.
There will always be subscribers who never buy anything. It’s part of the business.
You’ll also have people who will unsubscribe from your list. Again, that’s part of the business.
No list is a perfect fit for everyone who signs up for it.
I’ll talk about where to get traffic further down this post after I give you an inside look at CB Passive Income.
CB Passive Income Review
Ok, so you want to know how to make passive income. I’ve outlined the process above and in this section I’ll give you an in-depth look inside this newly updated system that has been designed to deliver on that.
The image above shows the system’s dashboard. On the left is the menu of options while on the right are the instructions on how to get set up – including how to open a free Clickbank account, get your Clickbank ID (nickname) and hook it up to the system. It’s all straightforward stuff.
There are two sections here. The first is where you enter your personal details, the referral ID you’d like to use in your affiliate links and your Clickbank ID.
The second is simply whether you want to receive email notifications of any sales and leads.
There’s also the 3-Month Traffic To Income Masterclass. This is a fully-fledged 90-day traffic course that teaches both free and paid traffic methods. It’s a bonus course that’s being offered during the launch.
Your Unique Link
This is where you get the URLs (links) to your squeeze pages. There are actually 7 squeeze pages (offers) you can promote here. More will be added 30 days after the product launch, so that should be in late November (2018).
These are the products you can promote. The links below will take you to the squeeze pages for these products. These are all free products that you can download or access right now:
- The 5 Minutes Funnel – use this to promote CB Passive Income 5.0 as an affiliate. You don’t need to buy the product to use this funnel. You could just head over to Clickbank and get your raw affiliate link there or you can use the funnel to get leads, build a list and have it send emails to your subscribers. Think of it as a free mini version of the system.
- The Book Funnel – This will allow you to clone the exact book funnel Patric Chan (the guy behind CB Passive Income) has created for his own internet marketing business. The book contains 72 chapters of internet marketing tips, ideas and secrets.
- The Evergreen Webinar Funnel – Promote the same webinar that Patric Chan uses to build your own leads where the system will help you to convert them into sales. 10 different ways to start an online business are discussed in the webinar.
- Super Affiliate Online Training – This is a product launch funnel that has been proven to convert. It’s a 3-part training series. Commissions on the full product are normally 20% but CB Passive Income members get double that – 40%.
- The Affiliate Content Profits – This free app helps you make affiliate commissions just by sharing other people’s content on Facebook. If you’re a CBPI5 member then, when your subscribers are logged into this cloud-base app, your Clickbank ID is embedded inside. So if they buy any offer inside, you’ll get the commission.
- Build & Grow Your List Fast Ebook – Does what it says on the tin! Tells people how to build a list. It’s particularly relevant to this site you’re on now.
- Operation Quick Money Training & Software – This provides affiliate marketing training and the software will find hot offers for you to promote.
All of these offers hook into the back-end email system and anyone who signs up on the squeeze pages will then be sent a series of emails promoting a range of products. There’s also some cross-promotion of funnels within CB Passive Income as well.
Inbox Pro Version
This section relates to one of the upsells. When leads are added to your list, they’re stored in the CB Passive Income (CBPI5) system. You don’t have direct access to them so you can’t email them directly yourself.
If you want to do that, you need the Inbox Pro upgrade ($97). This will let you add your leads to your own autoresponder service as well. So you’re building two lists at once. You can email leads on your own autoresponder whenever you want.
The Inbox Pro menu option takes you to a page where you can integrate CBPI5 with your own autoresponder.
Advanced Link Tracking Guide
As you start to make sales, it’s important that you track where your sales are coming from. You don’t want to be spending money on traffic that’s not converting. Without advanced link tracking you can’t do that. So this guide has been provided to walk you through the steps involved.
This is where you track your traffic and sales within the system. The Advance Tracking section of Reports allows you to create channels so you can track where traffic is coming from. The Advanced Tracking Guide shows you how to add the channel parameter onto your affiliate links.
To give you an idea of how channels are used, pick a traffic source like Facebook and create a channel for it. Say you name it “FB“. You then share your links on social media – twitter, Facebook, Google Plus etc.
With the “FB” channel, you’ll be able to see which of your traffic came from Facebook. If you want to refine things further, you could create additional channels – for example “FB Ads” to track traffic that only comes from Facebook ads you run, “FB Page” to track traffic from a page you run, “FB Timeline” to track traffic exclusively from your Timeline.
You’ll then be able to see which traffic options are sending the most traffic.
You can name your channels however you want but it makes sense to use meaningful names that you’ll recognize months later.
The Quick Stats option simply shows how many raw and unique clicks your offers have received. This is an overall figure and is not broken down by offer.
This is the Advanced Search view. It lets you check what kind of leads you’ve received from your promotions.
This one’s self-explanatory.
Mass Bot Profits
This gives you a link to get the second upsell if you didn’t buy it originally. Note that if you get the upsell when it’s first presented to you, it’s $99. If you upgrade via the link in this section of the dashboard, you’ll pay $127 for the upgrade.
More on this upsell below.
These 3 bonuses will only be available during the launch phase. The bonuses are:
- Insider Tools & Training Membership Worth $20/Month
- 15 Months of the Fast Cash Series Archive Worth $705
- The 3-Month Traffic To Income Masterclass Worth $997
I won’t go into details about these bonuses – they’re explained in detail at the bottom of the sales page. If you don’t see them listed there, then they’ve been pulled and the launch phase is over.
CB Passive Income 5.0 is being offered at $47 per month during the launch phase. In addition, there’s a single-payment Lifetime option of $497 (costing the same as about 11 months of subscriptions).
If you can afford it, go for the Lifetime option. you’ll be saving $47 per month after month 11.
If you go for the subscription option, you’ll be paying $47 per month for as long as you want to promote their offers.
There are two upsells offered after you initially sign up:
- Inbox Pro ($97) – this option will also add any leads you get from the system into your own autoresponder. So you will own your own list. Without this option, CB Passive Income owns your list. If you stop being a member, you lose access to your list. Just something to consider.
- Mass Bot Profits ($99) – this is a combination course and software that shows you how to build your own automated chat bot. These are automated, semi-Artificial-Intelligence bots that typically run on Facebook Messenger that respond to a lead’s questions and action, ultimately adding some of them to your list. If you skip the initial upsell, you’ll pay $127 if you decide to upgrade later. However, Mass Bot Profits is $197 if you buy it directly through Clickbank. So you’re still getting a $70 saving.
Are The Upsells Worth It?
First of all, you don’t need the upsells. They don’t add anything that’s missing from CB Passive Income. The system is complete and fully functional.
The upsells merely extend its capabilities. If you want to own your own list lock, stock and barrel, then do get Inbox Pro. If you’re on the CBPI5 subscription option and you have to or want to terminate that, you lose all access to your list. If you use Inbox Pro, you get to keep your list and access to it because its stored on your own autoresponder.
Mass Bot Profits isn’t worth getting if you don’t have a Facebook account. You also have to consider whether it’s worth your time to build and manage a chatbot. It can produce good results but it is an extra overhead you have to deal with.
The Pros & Cons
- You get a complete business in a box that’s ready to go.
- Compared to other similar businesses, it’s lot less expensive
- Everything is done for you from squeeze pages to free products to list building and email marketing
- Everything is managed for you
- Saves you a huge amount of time and expense building a similar system on your own
- It’s expensive for the Lifetime membership but very competitively priced to similar systems elsewhere
- If you opt for the monthly subscription, you must maintain your subscription to have emails sent out to your list on your behalf. If you cancel, you lose your list
- To own your own list you will need to get the Inbox Pro upgrade
While training on how to drive traffic is provided in CBPI5, there are two paid traffic sources I return to again and again because I get good results from them:
- Udimi Solo Ads – good quality traffic for a lowish price ($0.40-$0.60 per click). The traffic comes from other people’s lists, so it’s warm traffic. They’re looking for business opportunities.
- Better Than Solo Ads – a new traffic source I’ve been using. Be warned, it is expensive but this is the best traffic source I’ve come across.
My Bonus Package
I’m offering 20 Exclusive bonuses which complement CB Passive Income. They include some PLR reports, course and video training. You can check out my bonuses here.
So is CB Passive Income 5.0 worth buying?
I only picked it up a couple of days ago and haven’t had much of an opportunity to promote its various offers. So I’ve made no sales yet. I didn’t expect to given I’ve hardly driven any traffic yet. And I’ve not sent any paid traffic at all.
I’ll update the review with some numbers as things go forward.
One question that was posed to Patric Chan was how many leads would be needed to make a consistent $500 per month. Apparently, it’s about 2,000 leads.
So, unless you’ve hit the jackpot and got some highly responsive leads in a list of a couple of hundred subscribers, it’s going to take time to build up to that number of leads.
This demonstrates that this is not a push-button system for generating passive income. There’s no such thing. It will take time and an advertising budget to build your list.
But that’s the only thing you have to focus on or worry about. Everything beyond your squeeze pages is done automatically for you. And by a successful marketer who’s been in the business for almost 15 years.
Since this is a new iteration of the CB Passive Income system, it is an unproven product. That said, CB Passive Income 4.0 – the previous version – was the #1 selling product on Clickbank last year.
Products don’t reach that level of popularity without delivering on what they sell.
This is also the fifth version of the product. That shows that it has longevity, something rare in the internet marketing niche, and that the creator is constantly updating it so that it keeps pace with new online technologies and marketing strategies.
I had a bit of a think about whether I wanted yet another system to promote. In the end, having built sales funnels and written email series myself, I figured having pre-built everything by one of the most successful marketers around was worth a shot.
It doesn’t take a lot of time to promote the free offers to generate smart passive income streams and it frees up time for me to devote to other aspects of my business.
Plus, being lazy, I love that someone else has done all the hard work for me. 🙂