What if I told you in this post to stop creating content?
Something I’ve recently realized…
Content is useless.
You have a complete system in place to take your content, turn it into traffic, and turn that traffic into income.
And now the next question.
What in the the world is “a system”?
It’s just one of those hot marketing words that marketers use to try and get you to buy their stuff.
Look at the emails you get and the ads you see in the internet marketing niche – you will start noticing how many ads claim to have a “system” or “a loophole”.
But that’s not the point of this post.
The point is to teach you the system so you don’t waste time like I did.
It looks like this (it’s a simple formula):
This is more typically known as a Sales Funnel – making the most of the traffic that lands on your posts and pages.
Now, most new affiliates start with the Content section.
They create content and throw in some affiliate links occasionally.
Then they try to drive traffic to their site and pages.
And, every once in awhile, someone actually buys something.
But there’s not enough sales to feed the family though…
So here is my challenge.
If you don’t have your backend set up…
And by back end I mean:
- An email automation that will help you make money for the next 3 months to 3 years off every email address you capture.
- A high-quality lead magnet that people in your audience really want.
- A simple landing page where you can send every single person who sees your content to.
Then stop making content.
Go and create your system instead.
Set a goal to build your email automation by 1-2 emails each week.
Then go make content and watch your results 10x with the exact same amount of work.
Time to take life by the horns.
This diagram shows you a typical sales funnel setup – a diagrammatic version of the formula above:
Table of Contents
1. Landing Page Software
There’s quite a number of options here, depending on the level of sophistication you want:
- Elementor [Free] and Elementor Pro [Various Plans from $49/year] (WordPress Plugin)
- Landing Page Monkey -[$99/year] (cloud-based service – no longer on sale)
- Genius Lander [$199/year] (cloud-based service)
- OptinMonster [Various Plans from $108/year] (cloud-based service)
- OptimizePress [Various Plans from $99/year] (WordPress Plugin)
- InstaBuilder 2.0 [One Time $77, $97 or $197 depending on plan] (WordPress Plugin)
- ProfitBuilder [One Time $47 or $67 depending on plan] (WordPress Plugin)
- FunnelsKit [$67] (cloud-based service)
- Builderall [$69.90/mth] (cloud-based service – a suite of 19 business tools including a funnel builder, autoresponder, website builder)
- LeadPages [14-Day Free Trial, then from $19/mth depending on plan] (cloud-based service)
- GroovePages [One Time $497] (cloud-based service in Beta release)
- Clickfunnels® [14-Day Free Trial, then $97/mth or $297/mth depending on plan] (cloud-based service)
2. Autoresponders And Email Automation
All autoresponder services now offer automations to one degree or another.
But the rule of thumb is that the more automation you want, the more expensive your autoresponder plan.
The most basic automation is building a followup email sequence – this is a series of emails that are sent out automatically on a schedule to your subscribers once they sign up.
More sophisticated automations allow you to move subscribers to different parts of your email sequence, or to other email sequences, depending on what actions they take or don’t take in your emails.
So, if they buy something related to email marketing, for example, you could move them to an email sequence where they see more offers about email marketing than general affiliate marketing.
Or, if they buy something from you, you could move them to a buyer’s email sequence where you send them higher-priced offers.
- Both Aweber [start at $19.95/mth] and GetResponse, the two most popular autoresponders, offer basic automation.
- If you want more sophisticated automation setups, then ConvertKit is a better option.
3. Lead Magnets
Creating a lead magnet can be a pain and time-consuming.
That’s why many affiliates use Private Label Rights products.
The up-side is that you have lead magnets, pretty much ready to go.
The down-side is that other affiliate marketers will be using the same lead magnets.
- Automated List Profits [$19.95/mth] (Lifetime 57% discount) provides you with 2 reports and landing pages each month.
- Buzzinar [$29.95] is a front-end WordPress plugin to virally spread your free gifts and build your list. The link offers bonuses and a 50% off coupon code. There’s an upsell to get 2 PLR ebooks each month. Each comes with a funnel template (you need OptimizePress to use them though), audio recordings of the books and video presentations of the books.
- HQPLRStore [$10-$12 per course] releases regular video courses that you can sell but not give away. Use as upsells immediately after someone signs up on your landing page.
Retargeting means you simply message your subscribers one or more times.
The typical way to do this is through emails that you send out.
You can remind your subscribers about a product, provide more information (value) to them, do case studies, link to your video reviews or blog posts or whatever.
Or you can send them emails for other offers you think they’ll be interested in.
It’s best to email once a day.
Any less frequently and your subscribers are likely to forget who you are.
So, the problem is how do you find the time to write a new email every day?
What do you write about?
What products do you promote?
Luckily, there are pre-made email sequences that you can buy that make all of that a lot easier.
I would recommend that you rewrite these emails in your own voice so that they’re not just stock emails that your subscriber could have received from another affiliate marketer.
- Affiliate Email Swipes [$9.95] – 427 Original Email Swipes That Generated More Than $1 Million In Affiliate Sales.
- Profit-Producing Emails [$97] – a massive collection of 5,001 profit-producing emails you can adapt, tweak and alter for your own email or even email followup sequences.
- Super-Affiliate Master Swipe File [$27] – these are the most effective products in the Internet marketing niche. If you want to use and promote only the best of the best, here they are.
- Rachel Lee’s Email Swipe Files [$97] – 7 customized email sequences (each with 7-14 emails) targeting over 20 unique offers that are highly converting. Includes a variety of video training and tutorials to craft impactful emails for every offer.
All the best,
P.S.: Don't forget, if you want to create an internet income of your own, here's one of my recommended ways to do that:
And you can get some free training here on how to build an online business and start list building here: